I went to a small, what I'm going to call, "faith group" (we actually call it SIBS: Students Inspired By Students) meeting last night that began with this same title: "I thirst for you." Surely I was certain that we were going to talk about longing for Christ in our lives especially during Lent. Yep, I was wrong. In John 19:28 when He was on the cross, "Jesus said, 'I thirst.' " It is actually He who is thirsty. He thirsts for us, to love us, and to be loved by us. He stands at the door to our hearts, always, thirsting for us to open to Him, to give Him our lives just as we are. I know for me, and probably many of us, we have a hard time keeping this door open. We might open it occassionally when we're at Mass or on a retreat, or we may even open it only when we need God because we are in trouble. But what He is thirsting for is for the door to always be open. Another analogy that we looked at is if the door only has a door knob on the inside. It is hard to believe that even when our door is shut, Christ is still standing on the otherside. He might nudge it a little and remind you that He is still there, but He is not going to open the door and force Himself in our lives, we have to open the door, from the inside. And when we open it, we must keep it open!
Listen to this powerful reflection here and then listen again while you read along with the meditation.
Enjoy! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment